Road To Greatness (RTG)


*Spoken Word*

" And I admit, in this race I tend to struggle to relate in words
It's like I'm an alien who alienates by the herd, so as far as being heard
I guess I gotta wait,
deprived by the station's eye
Wale, more times than not, am not for whom the air waves"


I'm in a race with myself.but thats really all i need.
Not being cocky, its optimism, cause the only one who believes in me is me. 
I 'expect the best and see the best in myself '
I have the attitude of: someone who " Hopes for the best, and prepares for the worst"
I feel that if i don't carry that kind of mind set; someone will get hurt.
They say your dreams are like interceptions; they're not given, you gotta take em'.
And i've had my share of disappointments, 
but my spirit you can't break it. 
See; " my DESIRE is bigger than any obstacle" 
I believe, so i can clear any obstacles; with my POTENTIAL to ACHIEVE. 
And i do aspire to achieve, 
seeking ambiously for something greater than what i've known in the past. 
It's not like i don't wanna know my past. 
Since, i can't forget, ima try to suppress some of the stuff that stops
me short of - LIVING. 
I, live to write
I, write to amaze:
Those who work hard to bring me down and then just - stare at me with {a GAZE of}  disgust.
I just let em' know that i'm in no rush, 
ima get there sooner or later, 
cause in God - I trust. 

In this dramatic pool of irony called
" my generation"
So quiet is my life,
but loud is my words; because im tryna make a statement. 
having unheard my calling the first time, 
i had to go back to see if it was God that i'd heard. 
Right away i smiled, 
because the sweetness in the air and opening of the clouds just let me know that it was God. 
and he was looking....
Oblivious to failures in my past, 
i don't let them bring me down. 
statistics said i'd be jail, 
they also said i'd be in the ground. 
i refused though. 
to be another percentage, 
You Only Live Once, once your in it - you're in it. 
I swear ima make it....
There's some people that sit and hope their hardwork doesn't go unnoticed, 
but i don't care about the views i get, 
i do it to show the people the different VIEWS i get.
you see, they're things through my eyes no one can perceive.  So, i'm focused. the DEDICATION takes its toll.
Sometimes i lose sleep; just tryna focus on my GOALS.
But, it's everything worth trying for, and when death comes,
hope heaven was worth dying for.

Disregard the last line,
Heaven is where it's good at.
No drama
Gold streets
and i'll finally have my aunt back.
i heard the good die young,
so i'm tryna live my life.
High ambitions,
i wonder what it's like to see Miami nights?
i guess i'm FOCUSED more than ever,
cause i gotta get it right.
No days off,
cooling for only a couple seconds. 
got a dream to reach. 
God's gift. 
Warm as the beach. 
Nothing last forever, so im hoping for the better, preparing for the worst.
my ROAD TO GREATNESS; 
im juss hoping that it all work... out

I'm bench pressing
the weight of the world is on my chest. 
but i'm lifting like a man, 
hoping for results of physical change. 
"Lifting all alone trying not to get a sprain.
Caught up in a game, 
its one i can't postpone. 
meaning if it rain, 
im the one its raining on. 
Feeling so distant from everyone i've known,
TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY I THINK I WOULD NEED A CLONE." 
I'm just in my zone, 
so easy to get along,
I know that ima make even if im all alone. _________________________

 **Talking** 
" You know, everything gon' be alright. I promise.
   i'm sorrry for putting yall in this situation to vent to yall but;
   like my mom always say 'Don't ask permission just ask forgiveness' ..." 

SO, Forgive me... 


*And life is so insane, 
They think that its a game. 
for this world - i feel ashamed, 
the lord's creation seems in vain.
and we can never feel his pain, 
every picture that you snapping is a friend that you can gain, 
they love it when i smile - unaware that its a strain. 
Ladies need attraction, 
therefore they will complain. 
Develop hatred for men and say that we're the ones to blame. 
tryna enjoy myself on stage; bout to get ready to sing,
i just hope they know how much it weighed (Wade) like Dwayne. 
it's a weight up on my shoulders whoever spotting me is playing, 
so i'm lifting all alone trying not to get a sprain.
Damn, they say they feel my pain, 
but if they really feel my pain,
then that means that we're the same, 
And we will never be the same. 
They say they love me i just hope that they don't say that shit in vain.
and it feels like my DREAMS are in a sling,
so its hard to try and reach them, 
feel like i need a ladder and some chains.
As a man - i am honest, 
with my own set of problems that be sitting on my BRAIN. 
and see; This the thing what people viewing as braggin', 
is the way that i maintain.
the shit i write while sitting on the window's lonely pane, 
is the single - handed reason i remain---- ME. 

** "Yea... Uh, I said I call this my road to greatness. ima live it. ima make it. keep it real and stop faking. I swear       I'm puttin' on but they always wanna ask what type of act you puttin' on like.. and this is one of the more subtle, like laid back pieces I've done. i just hope you appreciate it.... "**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.