MEMORIES 2
“Are you willing to give up what you love
for who you love?” ~BIG Sean
I was mailed when I heard Tev had died from being stabbed.
Seem like yesterday I just seen him smile & laugh.
I be stressing' over little things; when I should be happy I can.
Why these kids killing? Like they have no heart.
I always had faith; light will swallow the dark.
I'm hurting – talking to God – cause he the only one that feel my feelings.
Houses bigger than a palace; mom a queen and so she deserve it.
So im focused,
they tryna throw me off line, but they just a virus.
I'm full-speeding to the money, they just burning off all their tires.
I'm huddled up with my team, that's Zach, Jay, Paige, and Mira.
Fast forward a few years later, no we got the winners title.
Remember the first time I was performing on stage:
I was so nervous I performed reading off the page.
Sold out talent shows round' town, mom said it was perfect.
But I already dreamed it so it felt like I rehearsed it.
Much as my mom took care of me since I was birthed;
sad I used to steal 10 dollar bills right out her purse.
Nah, I'm not perfect, tryna make a gift out of a curse, life out of a hearse,
if I die first... I'll have the MEMORIES....
...What happens when they need connections and you the plug?
Girls that never knew you; give you kisses and showers with hugs.
*Shrugs*
“How many trends I gotta set til im considered GREAT?
How many missed calls til i'm considered FAKE?
How many dreams til its considered FATE?
I'm EATTING IN A WORLD WHERE IM CONSIDERED BAIT”
I'm real so i'm addicted to real.
People relating to me, cause they know how I feel.
My best friend got used to the thrill.
I can't look at him in his eyes; you don't know how that shit feels?
Mentally- I aint tryna rock no shirts that say “In Memory”
i'm praying that they free him. Wishing we could go back.
Honestly, all the times in the past... those would be the best.. MEMORIES...
...Sometimes I dream bigger than im living.
People tell me “stop” but Im - never ending.
Im just thankful to be living, I coulda been one of the ones serving a LIFETIME in prison. Or a buried under the lawn.
This is dedicated to all my brothers thats doing a bid.
And shout-out to all the ones that doing it big.
Swear, I been through everything in life but a deathbed.
They saying sky's the limit. But ima make it how I can.
I just want my fantasies; to turn to REAL LIFE;
if you got everything – tell me what it feel like.
I just want the radio to hear mine.
They give the wrong people more airtime then airlines.
Is you feeling me? This is dedicated to all my enemies. Hoping that I fall,
but I just say I love yall. God is dealing with me. And im just constantly.
Still Dreaming... Making MEMORIES
~Elijah
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment