Dear God, (SHORT LETTER)
I wanna be more like David,
I wanna trust you in my DARK times as well as my LIGHT.
I want affirmation that you'll be with me in times of peace. Next to me when i FIGHT.
I need you in my lifes instability.
I need you when my friends are no longer real to me.
I need you in my unmet expectations -
when i don't feel i'm "good enough" for the team.
In times of personal failures - when i face public shame.
For i know, a life without pain is a life without growth.
So as i proceed to grow, the pain in my words will show...
Lord, i long for rescue.
Save me from myself,
make me like you.
i dont wanna be like anybody else.
Your son; died
he did it for me.
Lord, just open my eyes,
so that I - can see.
Lord, i put it in your hands,
and as a man thats hard to say.
Lord, i strive to be like you,
and praise your name everyday.
Lord, you negate my sorrows and delete all my fears.
Just remove the facade - that is covering our lives.
And Lord, renew all your children, so that they can
live RIGHT...
"jesus please on my knees can't you hear my crying
You said to put it in your hands and lord I'm really trying
live RIGHT...
You said to put it in your hands and lord I'm really trying
You wasn't lying when you said you'd reap what you sow
Like that night grandmama died
Hard to let it go...
..It's not strange I can still see it in my head
To know for hours you were lying there in that bed
If you listening to this record,
If it's day our night
If your grandmama still living treat your grandmama right
Don't be like me and let that moment slip away
And be careful cause you can't take back what you say
To my real father if you listening I'm letting it go
To my cousin I forgive you 'cause you didn't know
The pain was preparation for my destiny
And one more thing lord let my son be a better man than me...."
Comments
Post a Comment