Realizations


[if you know the rappers; schoolboy Q  or Kendrick Lamar, then you'll
get the flow of this whole thing.  if not, just read it still and tell me what you think.]

Looking in the mirror,
I love what I see now,
Dreams so close,
Guess all I got to do is reach.
God is my professor; so I practice what he teach.
And I don’t be messing’ with these girls;
All they wanting’ is the D.
No OFFENSE, but they never wanted me.
Until I had a couple 100s
-Now they bowing at my feet -
Please!
I ain’t got time to be being played.
You wasn’t with me during the struggle,
You wasn’t here when the skies was gray.
NOW!
I realize who was there all along,
Back in the days when I was feeling so alone.
And when we had conversations, signal never faded like a phone.
I Realize He was the motivation behind every poem. Behind every song
That I ever wrote; and He is all the reason why I never had to tote – guns and lie in my music
Like how some do it.
I kept it the truest, like the sky at its bluest, on a beautiful day,
You don’t ever see the gray.
…             I just only feel the music,
                When I don’t feel nothing else.
                When I feel all alone.
                Like the last book up on the shelf.
                Man, I’m really just hoping’ that they feel me.
                They say they do, but…
 Can they see the REAL me?
My heart,
My mind,
My eyes,
See love.
Not blood,
Not war.
So what we fighting’ for?
 LOVE cancels HATE.
They got me in my battle mood.
Cause I remember them days when I was struggling just to pass school.
And enemies would always hate me.
Probably wishing they were who I am.
Because now I’m getting money they congratulate me like they was FAM.
And I guess,
I’m in love with all the compliments,
Overdosed on confidence.
And I be on my grind and don’t plan on stopping’ it.
Every day is NEW, but it’s the same old’ thing.
GRINDIN’ -
Because you don’t know when your life could end.
And feelings of being alone go away when you with friends.
Or when you with your family.
I’m loving’ where I stand now,
Realize my goals, so I’m focused like a man NOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.