Broken promises.
Broken promise.
So deceiving.
This is life?
It’s so misleading.
People love ya; and then they leaving.
Making promises. And can't keep it.
Wow!
This is crazy.
What a world?
What a life.
Fix that promise that you told that girl.
That you broke; is that right?
That doesn’t change juss overnight.
Gotta work. In order to make that right.
And it may take a couple years,
Or it may take your whole life.
Broken promise.
Like these broken mirrors.
They cut us deep.
Cuts that nonstop bleed.
Not even if you take the time to apologize.
And don't pay me off;
I aint concerned with your dollar size.
I'm more concerned with why you lie a lot.
Say you gon be here, I wait about 2 hours and that turns into two years; which turns into a few tears, and then into a few fears that you will never be here like you promised.
Feeling like I'm the bad guy & you just innocent.
But why every black guy lose his innocence?
And they promise to get him justice.
But justice takes a while.
And when they do get him justice; it’s a minute for the trial. And they let him get the bail.
'Stead of keepin him in jail.
But I'm just rambling now.
Hopin yall can understand.
Sh*t I started off as a boy;
Now I can say that I'm a man.
And my poetry is deep;
Well I try as hard as I can...
And my pops doesn't try at all.
It’s been more than a year without having him here.
My head aches - with no Tylenol.
I kinda figured he'd be a man now that a child involved.
But that's wishful thinkin' and my timings off.
See he was round for a while back in
2010. left for NC and Ain seen him since.
Now I should be saying Fuxx him,
But I kinda still love him,
My pops; shxt I wonder how it would feel just to hug him.
I keep thinking he's coming and it'll be alright.
But then I wake up from that dream and cut on the lights...
Back to reality.
Back to what we all hate.
Back to the life "So good"
Back to the promises that we tend to BREAK.
Back to the feelings that we can never SHAKE.
This for the kids that do have a Dad.
Respect ya Dad cause that's something I never had.
And if he doesn’t and he promises he will.
Don't let him break the promise.
Cause BROKEN PROMISES are hard to heal
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment