"Questioning faith" (venting)
Ever catch yourself questioning faith?
Like "God, if you love me, why would you ever put me up in this place?"
And I remember the times I used to be up in his face. But ,now, it seem like we lost sight & touch like a man that got burnt from his hand to his face.
Now, I read the word everyday but I rarely get to feeling it. And post pictures on Instagram ; of life and how you should deal wit it , but ...
Im still straddling this fence between the world , and God.
My heart is still filled with so much world-ly pride...
And yes, I know that that's a deadly sin and i pray everyday: "God, keep me from the sinning"
But walk into the world ,
A giant pool that we swim in. 

Of drugs , and "love" .
And alcohol to erase feelings - we hope to never mention...
But they come up when we least expect it .
We young kids , man we feel neglected,
Man we need protection.
And everything is only 99 percent. But what about that one?
Lord, did you really send your son?
To die for a sinner like me?
I know I've read it, John three sixteen, its gettin heavy.

These feelings overflowing ,
about to burst through eyes and mouth like a levee .(words & tears.)
And I don't even know where I stand.
Just a questioning faith lil man.
And I use "man" lightly, cause i still havent gotten it in.
20 year old virgin ; i often wonder "do these girls really like me?"
And met some backstabbers though who really wanna knife me.
But, dawg , don't be appalled; this be on my mind nightly...
And “I ain't even close to finished.”
Says the man wit a empty bottle of ciroc in his hands .
now , how is he supposed to finish?

I graduated school and tried to make it to the army
and they told me that its too much weight on me,
how they know?
I thought I never let my feelings show.
A quiet dude , i let this loud let my feelings go.
that was temporary , cause when I come down ; life is still scary!
Just a , young man questioning faith.
Writing down whatever dislodges in my Brain.
And a lot of people got some "diss Elijah's" on they brain ,
Like, am I really that important? Y'all playing high school games.
Which ironic cause we in college, well, you in college,
I haven't yet started.
Should've took advantage of the opportunity of free 2 years.
But due to poor decision making; ima be behind my class by 2 - 3 years.
I shed a few tears ,
just at the fact, when you fail once,
there ain't no coming back.
So I gotta get up and enroll for classes.
Cause I ain't Tryna be no aunt jemima ; no molasses.
Aha. No. Nah I've never been slow.
peep , i was in honors classes.
whenever i got the green light I was one of the first to go !
never forgetting my glasses.
and now things are more clear.
just wish my dreams would come near though.
Questioning faith ,
Like "faith, why my problems so BIG! Is this how life is? "
This how I don't wanna live.
And I was a BADBOY as a kid.
But that's the past .
now . I'm just Tryna live.
Questioning faith.
Try to live day to day.
Hearts' aching; Hope they don't break.
She said she in it for the long haul.
And there's no getting her away.
So, What did I do to make it fade?
- Lusting after women?
- Worrying about money?
- Blowing all these trees?
My life is windy, partly sunny.
So I be in my room ,
Writing these looking bummy.
Haven’t eaten in days ,
But these feelings fill my tummy,
And I wash it down with tears.
But I keep running from my fears,
Lord , just help me get up out of here …
Just wanna get up out of here.
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment