"Saying goodbye is the hardest."




It was never supposed to hurt this bad.

"I love you, but I have to let you go."

I have to let you go...



You see because the pain is undesirable,

I can't describe it, it's indescribable;

I take the meds the docs prescribe but I -

I just, have to let you go...



You had my heart so tight,

Wrapped up in your web.

I tried to escape it but--

I just could not.



Felt weak.

Not just in my knees, in my mental state.

I'm doing 150 on the interstate, multitasking, writing while I drive-

I know it's wrong but I have to get out of this place.



You caught me broken hearted.

I was vulnerable and could not move.

I was rushing for something to get into.

Thought I was ready to find love,

Who knew that it wasn't you?



I thought it was you.



My dream never came true.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.