Close Friends Go


I can feel the distance.
The tension, I can cut it with a double edge serrated kitchen knife.
The anger from when you stated, “I will never leave you.” 
Still lingers.
I am bitter.
I have never been this bitter.
You have traded me in for whatever, whoever has taken you.
You broke your promises.
Your loyalty doesn’t run as deep as you’ve claimed it ran,
Come to think of it, I doubt that you have any loyalty coursing through your veins at all.
It seems like the only thing that is keeping you alive is the Hennessy that runs through your blood stream.
You traded me for nights out?
You treat me like I’m just a trend.
I can say that I have grown up, but when it comes to moving forward –

You’re just too stuck on looking back then…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.