4/2 Blues.





How many times does a man have to break your heart before you learn your lesson?
Stop second guessing.
He’s not with you, not for you…
There’s a difference.

You break your back to show him copious amounts of love.
You give, and he just takes and takes and takes.
What kind of “man” does that?
Then again, I’ll ask you, what kind of woman stays?
And why?

Does your self-esteem need a transfusion?
Does your tolerance need boosting?
He forgets your birthday, he breaks promises and dates, and he doesn’t even call you.
And you say that he’s all for you…
No disrespect but you act like you’re stupid;
You don’t want to be alone but, to me, I would rather be alone than with a person so ruthless.

Does he even tell you he loves you?
You say, “He used to”
But, DOES HE. EVEN. TELL YOU. HE LOVES YOU?
“He will change.”
And you are so gullible to believe it.
It is like a dog returning to its vomit,
You make me sick;
You keep going back to the situation, refusing to leave it.

You say, “He needs me.”
But yet, he cheated; not once, not twice, lost count.
HE doesn’t even know how many people he’s been with.
“Who else will want me?”
I’m not sure that you are aware;
There are a lot more fish in the sea and birds in the air,
Than dogs that need taming.
Sometimes, it’s hard to tame them.

Why try to change him?

You say, “I don’t want to be alone.”
But, I would rather be alone than with somebody
Who only picks up the phone when they are feeling concupiscent?

I know you desire sexual healing.
But the fact that you say that’s all he’s good for, and still stay has my mind whirling.
Why?
Why?

How many times does a guy have to fill inside?
But neglect how you feel inside before you fix your lips to say
“No! I am a woman, not some winners’ prize!”

How many times?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.