not a journalist.





I am not a journalist,
Neither a poet, nor a rapper ,
I'm just a writer of my feelings ,
And how it comes out after,
Comes out,
On paper I just be spilling,
My heart and if I'm willing,
Write as long as I can deal with.
Bunch of sentences running on,
Never running on,
Learned to face my giants ,
Learned to be strong.
You gotta adapt ,
Though the world be wrong,
They locked my brother in a cell,
Know he ain't ever coming home .
Learned to accept ,
That "free my brother" macho crap ain't working,
Wasting money on t-shirts .
When the gas prices high , it's like they on reefer.
Back in school we learned a lot ,
But there was nothing they could teach us, About growing up,
About the world and her frigidness.
Druggies robbing for a fix,
Priests raping little kids.
Lord please protect my family , from the craziness they blaze us with.

I told you I'm no poet though.
Neither a rapper or a journalist.
I write what's on my heart, &
At the time I was feeling this .

Much like I was feeling Sarah from the fifth to the twelfth grade.
8 years and I never got the chance to say a thing.
Or even mention my name,
Dang my heart was in so much pain,
At every mention of her name,
Drove a young man insane.
Cause I was so shy, you would've thought that's where the bulls played.
Even put a rose in her locker,
All my homies told me I would never get her.
Who would've known: their words ring true.
Man it must've been fate , got a young man feeling blue.
I'll get over it.

Get over it !
Get over it !
You still mad at last year ?
Build a bridge and get over it.
Forget holding grudges ,

I'm more for keeping it moving .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.