“My Life Is A Vapor.”




I know my time here is short,
But I tend to get off track.
Even now, I feel myself drifting.
Lord, I just want it all back.

Between the graveyard shifts,
And these half-naked, pretty women;
So many Sundays I’ve missed,
My weeks are short one day.

The mind can be sick,
The eyes way sicker;
You’ll never see Satan coming,
He’s sly & way slicker.
He’ll arrive, and leave swifter,
Than tornadoes on a plain;
Lord you SHOULD be disgusted,
I brought you so much pain.

My life is but a vapor;
In the wind, and when I sin;
My days get shorter.
Lord, I want your love again.

My life is not perfect,
As some seem to think;
Though I act like it’s all together,
I live in the coldest climate.
They see me in warmer weather.

Listening is a lost art for me.
I never give my time to people.
I jump right in when I’m being scolded,
And act like im right, when I know im wrong.

“Then who’s to blame, Eli?”
I asked myself often.
Who do I say I love God in private?
Then go outside a different person?
Who am I really?
Silly, trying to decide;
Gotta get to a revelation before my maker says its time…


-Ep 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.