"Something like a love poem; I guess"
I
want to; bite your lip while you're in mid-sentence.
And
then suck your exes name right out of your mouth, just to make sure he never
comes up in conversations between you & me.
I'm
going to be one hundred,
I
am not a love poet.
In
fact, every time I write about love; my hands cramp & I lose my train of
thought.
I
guess to show me how painful & often misguided love can be.
And
sometimes; my pencils break or my pen runs out of ink.
Probably
to prove to me that every now and then love takes love takes a little more work
than you’ve planned.
See
I heard that love is blind so, I wrote all this brail.
And
my love poems never actually get finished because I've heard true love is
endless.
I'm
a firm believer that real love is kind of equivalent to a model before she's
air brushed;
It's
pure & imperfect the way it naturally is, the way God intended it to be.
See,
I am not a love poet.
But
if I was to wake up tomorrow morning & decide what I really wanted to jot
down in my first poem about love...
It
would be about you, because lately you're all I've been thinking of.
About
how I've loved you the same way I loved riding my bike for the first time:
scared, but reckless, wearing no helmet or knee pads.
Scars
on my elbows so you can see the proof of how I fell for you.
You
see; I'm not really a love poet.
But
if I was; the topics would be about how I see your face in the clouds.
Your
reflection in every mirror I stare into.
You
see I've written like a zillion poems hoping that someday, somehow maybe some
way you'll read these pages and come closer to me.
Because
if you were here, right now...
Your
heartbeat sounds like drums. And your smile as wide as the pacific;
I
want to walk the beach with drinks in our hands.
If
I was a love poet;
I'd
write about how you have the AUDACITY to be so beautiful.
Even
on days you claim you look ugly.
I'd
write about your hair and how it flows in the summer breeze.
And
how your angelic voice sings sweet melodies;
If
I was really a love poet;
I'd
write about how I melt like ice at just hearing your name.
Every
time i see you in person;
My
heart - it plays hopscotch in my chest.
Yo
it climbs onto my Ribs like kids on monkey bars in the summer.
I
know it may sound strange but every now and again I pray to God like "why
didn't you set this up? She's perfect for me. "
I
pray to him like "turn her back into one of MY ribs"
Recreate
my eve.
I
swear though,
I
am not a love poet.
But
if I awakened in the middle of the night with a topic for a love poem;
My
first poem;
Would
be about you;
And
after all this she seen it and said "so, how do you feel about me?"
And
I put it like this;
"I
want to be your exe boyfriend’s stuntman. I want to do everything he never had
the courage to do. Like... BE FAITHFUL"
I
swear when our lips touch,
I
can taste the next 70 years of my life.
And
some days I want to swallow your picture, so you'll be a part of me.
I
wanted to sample your heartbeat on this poem.
And
let your smile be the cover art.
We
would make the perfect duo.
Whenever
I see you i still think "we could be perfect."
Maybe
you could be mine at last - Etta James.
I
could be your snuggle buddy when you're in pain.
We
could lay back listening to soul,
For
real you’re my candy coated rain- drop.
Together
we could be music.
And
when the homies ask;
"Is
that your girl?"
I’ll
say "no she's a musician"
And
me... I'm her favorite song.
-IdontKnow
This is something
like a love poem; I guess
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment