"Grateful Poet."







Story of my life.
I've been down, and I've been out.
But I never been a coward.
I've showed this world what I'm about.


Twenty three years on me.
Got my plans mapped out so clear.
My momma said, "you can make it happen."
It starts with God.
Just pray; he's always near.


Guilty of being me.
Something I've  held close.
True to form, True to life, true to art.
True to God,
whom I love the most.


whom I love the most, because who am I,
Without the one who gave me breathe?
Grateful,
Grateful.
If my life stopped here,
I'm ready for what's next.


A grateful poet.
Under pressure, & I know it.
To be one of the greatest.
To outmatch my favorites.
To be a name on somebody's playlist.
To be a name on the A list.
To be the word in people's mouth.
To be the name throughout their house.


A household name.
What a plan it seems.
What a plan I have made,
out of Gods calling for me.

 Im Just Grateful for life,
What a man I've become.

i'm just grateful for my passion,
I won't stop until it's done.


Grateful Poet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.