Are you still around? (Hello.)







Are you still around?

Hello,

Hello. 



Cause I haven't heard from you in so long.

We were gonna be perfect,

I could feel it.

It was worth it.

I prayed about it.

But you played about it.

I forgave you.



Are you still around?

Hello...

Hello. 



You never answer your phone.

Is this the same number?

Or did you get it changed?

You promised me you'd never stray;

Away,

No.

So, Are you still around?



Or did you up and leave me?

Do you watch the TV?



Cops out here acting like black people don't matter.



And I just need someone to talk to.



Because I'm scared to go out in my own city.



These boys, these boys;

They don't care who you are.

They don't fist fight no more, if you don't agree with em, then that problem there is solved one way;

One way.



It's like I'm going down a one way street - to some place, I just don't get it.



They could be coming for me next.

That's why I got trust issues now.

But are y-

Are you still around?



Hello,

Hello...



(Pick up your phone, please) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.