"One nation, under God..."
Dear God:
It used to be one nation, under You.
But now they pledge allegiance to, everything that you specifically told them not to.
False idols have taken your place.
I live in a world without love, it's so rooted in hate.
My momma told me hold my own, and I'm trying.
But, they got a couple good friends of mine, I can't stop crying.
You just never seen a tear fall, it's all inside.
I can not let them see me weak, or they'll be coming for me.
It used to be "one nation under God."
But now they pledge allegiance to,
Everything that's completely opposite or what you told them to do.
Money & drugs, lord, they've taken your place.
I love in a world that's living in hate, please tell me what is their fate?
Please show them your face, once again, reconnect us all, make us all friends. Ahh...
Who am I kidding?
My grandfather's going through it; yet another plate of stress on my chest.
I hate talking bout what could happen, guess it'd be hard for me to digest. If he left. The only other father figure I ever knew, God, besides you...
It used to be just "one nation under God."
They used know your son, & love your son.
But now they pledge allegiance to, everything above sun.
Except your SON.
That's backwards, and I lack words for this world.
Where pastors are the "masters" and the "masters" are touching little girls.
And boys. Psst. Yeah, "who can we trust?"
Everybody wanna know...
The one who made us from dust.
But they all claiming they kings now...
They all claim, they all wanna be like you. They call themselves "Yezzus" and, make their own bibles.
So spiteful I suppose, since they think you left us.
Lord, we were once under you, now they've gotten real reckless.
Baltimore...
Ferguson...
The new Birmingham in '68.
With a twist though, lord, they protest & riot. But break their own things - where's the greatness in that? How is change gonna come from more blacks being dumb? And not dumb meaning dumb. I mean like dumb meaning DUMB. unable to speak because they kill us because we hurting them more than they hurting us, we hurt ourselves.
I can't breathe, and our lives matter. So, God, we need some real help...
Here we go.
At least 1 person admits it.
We need some help.
1 person out of like 7 billion admits it.
We need some help.
God, we need some help, we need some help! We need some help...
It used to be "one nation under you" but now they pledge allegiance to, the color red, the color blue. And if you aren't weren't that you got holes in your back through & through.
And you better not cock your hat, like in chi town or LA.
Cause what's a fashion statement on my side, is fighting words that way.
That way.
That way.
God come on down and reign on us.
Why must we wait any longer? The time is now I know you notice!
I wanna save it, but I can't on my own, no matter how much I dream.
I just wish the world would wake up, and be 'one nation, under the king'...
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment