‘CityLeftFloating’
‘#CityLeftFloating’
I measure every grief I meet with narrow eyes,
That’re never dry because tears well every time.
I wonder if their pain’s like mine, just a larger size.
Pains deep like the ocean -
How a city’s left floatin’.
On tears for a man that was only twenty one years
old.
They did that man wrong, man that was so cold.
Are we the next Chicago? DC? Or Philly?
I remember when DE used to not be so chilly.
But people’s hearts turn cold though;
They don’t care, no, they don’t care.
He had a family back home but they wanted him gone…
These are just my thoughts, finally getting organized,
Don’t know if someone gon’ feel me.
but this is how i feel inside.
Heard everything has a reason,
Heard that time can heal me.
Will it?
Cause I feel the same way I felt when I got
the memo and my heart melted...
I don’t know the heartbreak that persists behind your
smile.
I do know no mother in the world ever wants to bury her
child.
Those words struck a chord when heard the news.
Sent shockwaves through my body, gave me the blues.
We’re all connected.
Through God we stand protected.
So if a soldier falls,
His soul– we all catch it.
And he lives in us all,
His memory lives on, we share.
So he isn’t really gone,
We know he’s always there.
And through this sadness,
I hope we come together in this madness.
Cause we all want the same,
Just Peace, Love, and Happiness…
-ep

Comments
Post a Comment