"Away from the comfort zone"

"Away from the comfort zone"






Going away from the comfort zone of home;
I roamed, the world, restlessly / relentlessly wanting a change, and now that it's come, I want things to remain;
The same.

Grown accustomed to being here in this city.
Stuck in this same place since birth,
Its gon hurt when I leave it;
Like a gash from the glass when I was so stupid and stepped on the fucking table.
Foolish.

But that was life as a kid.
"You gotta live, love, & learn."
Playing with fire, bet you gonna get burned.
Or playing with glass better know you gonna get cut.
Crazy, my brain still got the wounds no matter how much I try to patch that shit up.

Leaving home.
Far from the streets that I've roamed.
To a place where don't anybody know me.
 I'm all by my lonely.
16 hours away; missing family like cray.
But I know deep down, really I can't stay.
I gotta go.

I gotta go.
I signed the line.
I was hype for a moment,
Now I'm nervous like the first time.

They tell you many stories,
But ain't none gon compare.

Guess I'll see for myself when I get there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.