"Bed Is Lonely."


Nothing to do when I come home late.
But play - some music and let it take me away.
To sleep - where I dream; of a woman lying right next to me.
And then I wake up, and it's no one.
The cycle will continue,
It'll go on & on.

My bed is; my bed.
She's cold, she's hot.
She's soft, she's not.
I toss and turn every night.
I just can't seem to ever get to 'sleep tight'.

Maybe if I had - someone to share it with.
Then it might get better.
------------------

Yet...

When I get in bed sometimes my loneliness envelopes me;
Rather than my blankets.
And my head is resting upon my thoughts ;
Instead of a pillow.
And the slight weight on my chest - which should be you- is actually sadness.
It feels like my mattress is on top of me ,
Instead of the latter.

& all I can understand is you're out there .
Where?
How can I know?
I'm having meetings with God nightly trying to use spiri-location to find you.
I pray your heartbeats fast when you're thinking about me just as mine does for you.
I pray we link and always stay synced.
Until death do us - part.
No more lonely bed.

No more lonely heart ...


_ep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.