Deep in my veins.


Deep in my veins.

I let the ink handle the aching.
Writers block - due to clogged emotions;
This is a poets’ burden.
I be afraid to acknowledge when it's hurting.
So I put it in these verses and let you feel it vicariously.

And now it seems absurd.
But out of respect for him and her,
I moved on.
Bittersweet feelings,
Sarah- one of the many chicks I was really feeling, but didn't fill in. A blank.
Realistically I had to come to conclusions.
And thus it was I who was caught in an allusion.

Broken amid invisible devastation;
Heart beat racin'.
Thoughts keep pacin'.
Internal whispers increasing by the second;
Provoking my words; Summoned by rejection
So I write.
I write in spite of my fright,
I fight;
To lose the thought of you;
And hope to catch the eyes of someone new.

Well aware of the spotlight I may incite.
Just dreaming of the success that I may invite;
But ... this is my birthright,
I was born to write.
Born to make light, in the darkness of rejected hearts;
My rhythm give voice to my plight.
And nonfiction stories I share, so pure, so concise.

Patience sustained the inhale and the exhale.
But in due time, hope reality prevails.
I need to move on,
I need to move on.
She doesn't even know the first letter of my name.
But it's hard to move on when a beautiful picture of a woman is imprinted deep in your brain.

Deep in my veins,
You're like a drug.
I'm so addicted to the vision.
Of what we could be,
Could've been if I did it.

If I did it,
Would we be it?
The power couple.
You -  Beyonce, Michelle.
We destined.
This goes deeper than lust, or love.
An obsession.
I even got your picture framed, it seems insane, it sits upon the mantle.

This is ironic because you’re just too hot to handle...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.