“#TheGrind”


New Poem.  … 



just a little something in celebration of poetry month… basically, this poem signifies the grind we all go through, our “Daily Grind” , the natural instinct for someone who doesn’t “have it all” is to GRIND UNTIL YOU DO… so these are my words:

“I aint a charity case,
Don’t need you to feel for me.
I grind on my own,
Exceed the challenges that life’s thrown.
Everybody wanna feel for me,
But they don’t grind with me,
So they don’t know exactly;
What’s inside of me.

HUNGER.
Im Starving like Marvin.
My palms itching crazy,
That means that money coming.
Right?

Where is it at?
Where is it at?
I look at my account , never see a stack.
Always a hundred or under.

This causes frustration.
Make me wanna hit the trap.
And risk going on that vacation.

But I know my family waitin,
And if they can do it patient.
Then what is my excuse?
Oh “i lack the same patience”

Nah.

I can’t quit it.
Gotta stay committed.
The grind changes everyday,
Forget about yesterday,
And tomorrow will get here when it get here.
Focus on today, and my vision will remain clear…
Yeah.”

(BackGround music: Mos Def - respiration)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.