"Dear Angel" ("ButterflyZ" by Alicia keys)


To the angel who seemed to enter my life from out of nowhere.

Dear angel:

I really hope you landed safe when you fell from heaven.
It's not everyday Christmas comes early  for me; so you'll have to forgive me.
For ill never know why God chose to bless me, with seeing you.
Better yet ill never know why we never worked out.
But, I hope this works out.
I hope you hear this and realize its about you .
I hope your boyfriend doesn't get the wrong impression and think I'm trying to steal you away when really I'm just trying to express how I feel .
How I've felt for some years.
Since 5th grade to be exact.
I still question why God never brought us together.
Maybe it was a test on how I could handle the weather, of seeing different girls , and staying focused on school work instead of on working you out.
Truth is ; I'd rather had taken you out, instead if doing that math.
The only math I envisioned was calculating the amount of compliments and confidence it'd take to get your ass . Aha
Butterflies.
In my belly every time I seen your pretty eyes, or your beautiful curly hair.
Butterflies.
Could never hide because they were always there - I felt them.
And  even when I switched to lake forest for the moment; that girl from Dover was still in my head.
And when I got to polytech - that's when i noticed we were back together; per se ,
But not to say that.
We were back together in my heart and mind.
But in your gorgeous mind , you didn't know ELI, and probably didn't have the time to sit by his side and get to know;
Time moved slow.
Everyday in that school was torture, not knowing what to say.
To you .

Friends and family have told me to leave it alone.
And I did for a minute .
But as you can see, you have my heart in this; web of addiction- of what it'd be like of we were to go missing?
Elope.
But , no, you have your storm and if I rain down on that - well I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing i made a pretty lady unhappy.
Butterflies .
To this day just the thought of your hazel eyes;
Makes me jealous of that other guy.
I wish i was wearing his J's - per se-
And the reasons why I include you in these verses - is because these feelings have yet to be hearsed.
Ceased.
Bamboozled.
I'm know fool I know what I feel.
And I know this is real.
Surreal. (So real) .

In Reality.
I just ask for your patience.
At least until time slows enough for our heart beats to beat in cadence .
In tandem.
At random these thoughts hit me, every time I dream I get lost in your eyes .
"So if you could write me another love note using my loose leaf lips as your paper,
Let the ink come from your heart so I can know exactly where your words are coming from .
And write it in that language of love that seems to have been mistranslated throughout time
Attach it with directions to your heart that not even mapquest could find "

Sometimes I feel as if ;
A four letter word isn't big enough for my expression of affection.
Not even a four page letter can describe , you are one in a million and I - and I , am just another guy.
Not trying to ruin your life ,
Just tryna get this thing off of my chest!
 it's heavy like I gotta weight plate on my chest!
A weight plate on my chest.

A wait plate on my chest,
I try,
Sitting patiently playing chess-
Solitary .
Until the time that fate or grace brings us into solidarity.

Butterflies.
Your caramel complexion,
Your hazel-green eyes ,
Your prominent black hair.
Your personality ,
I just hope this gets to you; the person I'm addressing it to.

But then i wake up , and your gone.

Time has slipped  from my hands once again.
I can only be happy for your current state of euphoria .
If the man you have is for ya,
Then that must be what God has for ya.

(My love  is coming)

So dear angel who seemed to change my life for the better .
I pray someday I find the someone like you  to carry back to heaven .
So I can spend
more than just a life time,
I want more than just romantic nights and white wine.
I want to create a legacy that lives long after we're both gone.

And lastly my dear angel, if there ever comes a time when ;
Doubt or fear knocks at your doorsteps ;
Tell them what your father told me
That "a man with many flaws can still have faith, and believe
So judge a tree by its fruits and not by its leaves"
Tell them how much I love you, and how much you love me , and although we've never got to speak , tell them this was all you need.

-TrulyYours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.