"Truly Yours" [A Valentines poem for my crush]




[I wish I could say all I have to say;
To you off paper
But I can never get the time of day;
Because your schedule's a hater]

Truly yours:
I say in this poem what I keep inside because I'm afraid to say outside the home.
Could've spoken at the movies, but nah, I was afraid to;
maybe if you were alone.
But see you was with your friend ,
and I was chilling with my crew.
Guess we could've went up top, could've been us 2.
But nah.
You aren't single anyway,
Who am I kidding?
Bet that STORM roll in and I start running like a kitten;
Cause I ain't even the type to confront a guy over chick, but –
 you're the type of chick that deserves better than what you get.

Truly yours:
My hands shake.
Sweat makes a puddle.
Im nervous like the first day of preK
•••
Girl you keep it classy but you got your night side.
Really I just wanna wake up with you on my right side,
Or the left - whatever side you choosin'.
Truly yours,
Yours truly,
However I shall greet you.

But I'm guessing I should.
Because no other guy can treat you baby like you know that I could.
And like you know that I would.
These freaking thoughts are crazy;
You in my dreams and you're my lady.
•••
Wonder why my dreams don't come true.
I talked to God but he still hasn't sent me a girl like you.
Since fifth grade I was wishing there was more I could do,
Besides wait...

I guess not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.