Script  / Woke Now (Pt.1)



I write my life in these scripts. 
Like screen shots, save the pics, so you can remember me when I'm gone. 
Been putting my everything in every poem since 6. 
23 now and still sticking to the script.  

They tell me "give it up, chase another dream."
But writing is my passion, it's addicting if you ask me.
Life's been so unlucky, seen some friends laid in caskets, immortalized on T-Shirts.
A hater can't see that we hurt?

I got no choice but write it out,
These pains are deep, it's hard to take in,
Let alone man, being able to sleep. 
The night Emmitt died I felt revenge starting to creep. 
I was leaving from work, I got the call, and I  - 
Could barely even drive the car, tears was swelling my eyes;
My homie said, "he fighting for his life." 
I thought he would've made it out that same night. 
The next morning checked my phone, was on facebook, "Rest in Peace Dub." Everywhere; 
You should've seen how my face looked . 
The city, man, was shocked;
At the wake - Had the line around the block,
And it was hot but it was all love ...
Rest In Peace, Dub.....


Tired of my homies being killed man. 
That's why I stick to the script. 
That's why I'm woke now, 
Ain't Just focused on getting out. 
 using words to spread hope. 
Which these kids need more than ever, 
They're all clever,
And somehow they think they're all better - 
Than one another. 
gotta change the script they live by...

I can't stand see another "R.I.P."  shirt made with a familiar face on the front. 
So if we teach our youth before the streets take our youth we counter that. 
Cause i can't see nobody else stretched out to dry like a laundromat. 
Body laid flat , 
Momma crying for her baby back ... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.