“Close Friends Ain’t Close No More (1)”
Me and the big
homie don’t even talk no more.
I call and text
his phone, he don’t pick up no more.
Now, I know a
lot has changed and we’re all grown up,
But, who
would’ve thought I’d see the day we’d be so split up?
I can feel the
distance…
And I can feel
the tension.
Passive
aggression when we do meet,
We should be
chilling more often.
Like back in the
old days, before we got paid,
He would’ve
carried me to my coffin.
If that was
needed.
But now, in
struggling times we’ve both grown jaded.
Cold world.
Man, I really
hate it.
Both let money
crash the shore of our friendship,
Now I watch the
waves break that away...
I be buggin’.
I still got love
for him, of course, that’s my brother.
Deep down, I
pray maybe one day we’ll reunite with each other.
And come
together, recognizing that the money is the devil.
Sad it got
involved,
Funny how it
makes your close friends seem so far.
Away.

Comments
Post a Comment