93 til....




 
My brother told me poetry be coming naturally.
How? When recently I haven't written a thing.
My mind, been overshadowed with all the death in the air,
And all the temptations going around,
This life got me scared right now...

And I cannot write like this.
I had writers block for over 9 months.
And the pains hurt,
People joke, say "you're a jerk, to make us wait." Because i haven't given birth to any new words as of late....

I cannot write like this.
My momma told me this how life would get.
"You win some, you lose some."
I won a good girl and lost some closest friends.
Now I be stressing like "when it's time to go?"
Because I love life but I hate what the world has to show.
Lord, let me know, don't be surprising me.
I wanna set my family up for everything.
I wanna see them happy before I leave...

I cannot write like this.
My mind is too heavy, all this death around us.
You lose some, its part of life I guess.
But when they close to your age, it really makes you wonder.
"How long do I have now?"

Lord...
How long do I have now?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.