"My generation: (See What I Fear)"



All I have is a voice
To undo the twisted lie;
Kids in my generation live in streets,
Where they can’t go nowhere without guns & knives.

And I don't wanna see them live like that.
Where every second they gotta look behind their back;
Or everyday just to get by, they gotta sell that crack.
*gun shots*

Gun shots & sirens.
They killing each other,
Isn’t this why Martin preached?
Isn’t this why Rosa sat?
Isn’t this why Malcolm fought?
Just to get some hope, back.

Seems we lost it all, again.
Because they; just wanna be heard.
Just as I do, that's why I write these poems.
That's why I be in my feelings knee deep with these words.

And I cry so much you could probably take a lap in my tears.
Come and swim with my dreams.
Come and see what I fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.