Red lights&Stop Signs.






Dream chasing, hardly sleep though.
I'm not self-made, I ain't Ross or meek.
Peep; these words, and how they flow- deep, out of the depths of my heart in this cold world;
Slow money, fast girls.
Chalk lines by the "do not walk" signs.
That blood money spilled,
So they kill.
Never told we meant for something other than ball or tryna get a deal,
So we all try to rap or claim "ball is life" for real.
That's real.
Anyways to get a quick pay.
But simpl-ay ...

Some got it.
And some missed it.
To some of em' "rest in peace"
Some of em' sit in prison.
Hope you home soon.
Those homies.
And when they let you out,
Got a couple forties then its back on the street.
And you owe me.

Bad cycles that be hard to shake.
I love my mom too much; don't want her heart to break.
That's why I like to thank God each and every day - that I'm still in his grace.
Tryna stay in this place, happy I'm home.
But temptation can creep in, make you sad you alone.
That's when you pick up your phone,
Call up some badd chicks.
Talk sweet but never have intentions you'd be glad wit.
Cause when they come over; the draws on the ground,
The ones in the air,
It's all going - down.
 With no regrets,
No love, just sex.
All lust, say we young,
So we ain't ready for rings yet.
Unless she's calling my phone,
Telling me that she's tired of being alone.
Will I give in?
Or will I stay at home?
And that's just how the game goes, another scene from our lives.
But no movie flow,
We really live it,
I've seen the visions...

Alcoholic visions.
Trippin'.
Having Premonitions.
Who's to say you're living ?
Just because you're living.
My generation's always all up in the clouds, so they get it.
"Get high, to get by."
Rather they on a high flight than a drunk drive.
Rather they are burning trees than burning bridges.
It's just me and my crew, the same ones from middle school;
That I used to cut class with.
Out to eat - would dine N dash with.
Stupid stuff pissed the owner off like "you freaking bastards!"
Little did he know, that was true.
I hit the booth with all this pain,
With this bottle, I'm inane,
Because I know it's stupid.
Drinking tryna drown my sorrows but I know it's foolish.
& my heart is still stuck on Sarah but cupid's ruthless.
Never gave it a chance,
Can feel sweat on my hands-
Just writing.  .  .

Just writing .
So my mind is everywhere .
It's never clear.
I'm always up,
With thoughts like floods.
With no barrier.
Even Mariah couldn't carry me.
Too much weight on my shoulders,
Steady tryna figure out who I'm tryna be.
Hardly get to church so is it heaven, or hell that I'll most likely see?
Because this temptation is always tryna bury me.
Lust, Greed, and envy.
the deadly 3. 
My biggest enemies.
And I keep letting them in;
Again: "lord, I swear I'll never sin.
Again. . . "

And it goes on and goes on.
Life.
The months just roll on.
Roll on.
Big dreams, Small city.
Lot of pain, No pity.
They tell you play through it.
"No pain, No gain."
Insane; all in the membrane.
But as we stay in shape tryna climb these hills,
There's somebody else somewhere that would kill - for our spot.
So our dreams can't stop,
Our vision can't flop.
Fast break!
I'm LeBron James. Dwayne wade.
Bout to set the tempo.
Raise the heat and if you got that reference:

This moment will be ours forever ... ✌️


-Eli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.