"Liquored Down Thoughts (2)"
Afraid to open up;
Mouth full of pride;
He hides,
He lies,
Under the truth;
Jeans soaked in Gin.
White tee soaked in juice.
The proof;
One hundred & ninety;
Thinking,
About life when he's ninety.
Will he live that long?
Drinking,
Drowning,
All of his sorrow;
Put his heart into his poems,
Put his mind into his songs,
The lonely loner,
Sometimes stoner;
Regrets & Mistakes on his
conscious,
Wish that he could get over;
Things;
But it's never as easy as people
make it out to be.
He's never as easy-to-figure out
as people make him out to be.
Complexity;
The world just seems a little too
complex,
You see.
What is sleep when you're
grinding everyday & Tryna stay alive?
Clearing my mind...
Classic;
4:16 a.m. And I'm wide awake.
Listening to the house finally
get her speech in.
Facets leaking, walls shifting,
foundation settling;
It never fails.
Could it be; that I'm the only
one willing to listen?
The only one willing to lay awake
in the night and let her speak;
No words.
Just open ears, to the sounds
that emit from her mouth.
Just want to sleep.
Plugging my ears, covering my
head;
Every tactic in the book I've
tried.
I can't escape the sounds of
loneliness.
Need to love someone, so much I
damn near cried.
Can't anymore;
God knows after you left,
I cried every night.
Borrowed tears,
I'm in debt.
But no regrets;
Did you forget?
Hope not,
I will never forfeit.
Give up, Tryna know you.
Cause I, just wanna love you.
Cause I, just wanna hug you.
You got a man though,
Okay I understand.
The prettiest girl in the world,
I couldn't have been the ONLY fan.
But I just ask you, if it doesn’t
work out, give me a chance;
I will, love you forever,
Signed,
Somebody Clever,
Signed,
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment