(If it was meant to be…)



















All these years,
All these tears, 
I thought it’d be kind of easy getting over you.
It’s another year,
And you still don’t know me.

Im playing for keeps; it’s all a mind game.
Which guy can get into your head with impressions that stain?
& every time i come up with some witty expression of love,
The boys laugh.
But they don’t understand it.

They don’t understand me.
It’s more than just romanticism.
I want you in my heart,
This is more than just sexual.

I’ve been; praying for years, through tears.
Just hoping that God, would hear,
And bring you here.

And I would keep you near.
Hold you tight and never let go.
Just wanted to be clear, another poem.
Me tryna let go.

It’s weird; like we were meant to be.
I can’t control;
This “crush” has morphed into an obsession so long ago.

Least I admit it though.
I be strolling through your Instagram,
And double tapping all the pictures,
And upset at all the men you wit.

And even got your name circled in the yearbook.
Funny how: people change, but you the same,
At least how you look,
Same innocence;
In a sense, just judging off of my interpretation of you,
Since I haven’t met you

Im sure the thought would occur to some,
The reason I still write about you as if you really are the one.
Well, Sarah, are you the one?
I know I’ll get no answer,
But I can still dream.

We’re on different levels,
I just pray these words mean.

Something


(If it was meant to be…)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.