"War Ready"
Young
rebel, raised by the metal.
Enslaved to the ways of the hoods' wickedness;
So
ready, to be ready, to be down for whatever;
Hardly
ever was he clever, following the steps of those who weren't any better.
War
ready;
Ready
for war,
Guns
locked & loaded.
But
don't know what he fighting for.
He
just , joining the crew.
A
way to make a name;
It's
ironic the greats fought to be free from chains, but he fights to have whips
and chains,
And
change, but...
Can't
change until we change ourselves;
War
Ready;
He doesn't need any help.
I
guess he "self-made", his only interest's to get paid, with interest,
from a foe he's had since the ninth grade. That's petty.
But
whatever dawg, that's life.
He
ain't into playing cards; he'd just rather roll the dice, and take chances.
Got
momma crying to her best friends like "where did I go wrong?" Trying
to be strong;
But
inside I can tell that she feels for him; war ready, and yes indeed she's ready
to go to war for him.
On
praying knees, fighting the perilous city, arrogance of slick hippie children
thinking they go hard when really they don't go hard, barely go far.
Readying
for war, as they look up to the stars, and draw the cross on their head and
their heart, it's going down.
War
ready;
As
they hop in the car.
Out
to get revenge for the murder of a brother in arms.
He
ain’t ever seen a scene like that, just held his brother in his arms with blood
leaking out the side neck.
So
he in the back seat,
Many
thoughts running through his mind;
The
"art of peer pressure", playing loud as he raps along;
But
as they drive along and the time drags along he tell his homie pull over, he'd
just rather go home.
... "Momma
your prayer worked knew you were praying for me. Satan was preying on me. I
told him get up off me. My friends handled some business that I just could not
partake in. Who raised me better, though in my life I did some crazy things.
Please forgive me. Lord, please forgive me; for not heeding to your call, I
wasn't good at making decisions. There's really no excuse for the way they I
was living, cause I know you heard them all. I'm just glad you heard my
mothers' call."

Comments
Post a Comment