Tightrope



Tightrope

I move through anxious crowds.
Cameras flashing, everyone’s loud.
On a tightrope, with every word written
Because an old girl mentioned; could bring a new girl trippin' . Or a nigga caught slippin ' could bring a nigga gone missing.
With every confession,
I sit at this concession,
Drinking
I’m led deeper,
Falling from the pedestal at which they currently hold me.

Propelled by a force of strong feelings
Compelled to make it so I won't have to resort to drug dealing
And the momentum just builds.
The rope on which I walk gets thinner each step.
But I gotta move forward.

Each word I carefully plot.
And I make moves when the time is right.
Because one misstep, like, a single shuffle of my feet.
& ill plunge into the deep, abyss, called the streets.

So what is it to be a poet?  To write poems
What does it take?
Heart, strength, dedication
A dedicated strong heart that can’t break
A face that is remarkably stunning to a crowd,
A walk across a tightrope without once,
Looking down...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.