“tryna risk it”
(Co-writer: Monshea Newsome-Murray)
Effortlessly strong minded.
You are Unbreakable.
Like fine china.
I’ve seen you dub dudes like it’s natural.
I laugh at their courage.
Hoping not to become one of them.
But to be honest,
I see your body and i just be forgetting.
i be tryna risk it.
There he sits, not a care in the world
I wonder if he sees me?
I’ve been longing for a chance,
But I’m unsure if the opportunity will ever come;
Is he out of my league or am I overthinking it?
Shoot your shot all 2019, right?
It’s supposed to be a “Hot Girl Summer”
But I’m more Jhene Aiko
I’m too nervous to even get close
But life is about taking risks…
But she’s a rose.
Grown from the toughest concrete.
Grown into something strong,
Over time.
I wouldn’t dare mess that up.
I can’t.
I can’t bring myself to risk a possible “no”
I can’t bring myself to live for her.
Am I really ready to give up what’s most important -
Time, and space, for her?
My mind is saying “no!”
But my gut, the thing i give most of my trust,
says “Go”
These butterflies are waging a war in my stomach
And my mouth is as dry as the Sahara
What would I even say to a man of that stature?
He’s a dream that manifested,
Something straight out of a storybook;
He could be my Prince Charming if I just make a move.
My brain and my heart are at odds trying to make a decision,
And so my instincts kick in when he looks my way.
I crack a smile when we lock eyes…
we lock eyes.
And now I’m stuck.
What the f**k?
I have to talk…

Comments
Post a Comment