"Peace"



I can't get no rest, no sleep. 
All I want in this world is peace. 
They don't know why it hurts so deep.  
Cops killing blacks;
One day it could be me. 

I got a family. 
I got a family.
My mother, my brothers, my sisters, my Grammy. 
My father, my auntie;
They want me to keep it together. 
But I just can't keep it together. 

All I want is sleep. 
All I want is peace. 
All they need is help, I woke up thinking that could be me. 
Who are we supposed to be trusting ? 
Jesus is who I put all my trust in. 
Without him I know I would be nothing. 
They want me to keep it together. 
But I can not keep together. 
Because, 

I can't get no rest, no sleep. 
All I want in this world is peace. 
They don't know why it hurts so deep.  
Blacks killing blacks;
One day it could be me. 

Dang, 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.