Target on my back




White folks pushing all of our buttons...
They shoot a black man, leave him there gasping for air.
I can't breathe.
Don't get me started.
you  got me riled up.
Was gonna wish somebody send a few shots through those 2 cops that sent 6 through Alton;
But that would prove faultless.
World is too heartless.
Most specifically, Most of these pigs in uniform be Cold blooded.
my brother taught me.

So we don't trust them, as sad as it seems.
Well, what's sad is who gave them their keys.
Who gave them a glock?
We don't flock to the scene, just to hear them make excuses,
We  search for justice and peace.
For peace...

For peace...
For peace...

But it always seems so far.
I shouldn't be afraid every time I'm in my car.
I shouldn't look around every where and feel uncomfortable.
But I do, and it's a shame what the nation has become.

••• ••• •••

Momma crying tears.
She don't want her son walking the streets by himself.
That's the only thing she fears.
Tell him keep his documents on him, stand in the clear of a cop - if he pull up behind him,
Make sure that camera rolling.
She don't trust a soul.
And, who can blame her ?
The country wild,
who can tame her?
Black on black,
White on black,
Cop on black - it's outrageous.
Insane that people are justifying, 6 shots in the chest of a man who was pinned down,
Man it's petrifying.
Said I wouldn't speak on it no mo'.
But I can't move, and I can't think, and they got feeling terrified.
Hell if I, ever let my boy or girl go outside.
 Not in my lifetime.
They wonder why I rarely be out,
They gotta wonder why?
Check the target that is on my back ,
It's cause I'm black...

This just facts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.