"Close friends ain't close no more, 2"
Birthday in July.
Just wanna see if you remember that.
"Close friends" haven't even called me back.
Guess we kind of veered off of the "friends" path.
What is loyalty nowadays anyway?
2016, man "friends" come and go...
But I never thought it'd be you.
In high school we were a crew.
Post-grad, you in college, I found my own way.
And I ain't seen a text from you or heard my phone ring.
I guess you're just doing your own thing.
maybe we wasn't friends and I was more like a charity case in high school,
got me like a stowaway.
Is what I'm saying here true?
Answer my calls, I wanna talk to you - all.
All four of us, we grew apart and I just go through withdrawals...
Thinking about what could've been because I was more invested in this friendship.
And y'all was more invested in careers.
Ain't nothing wrong with that but I'm still here,
Thinking I got a few close friends but when I look they ain't near...
Thought it was love, but it wasn't love was it?
Bro told me watch what I say don't ruin things.
But why would I hold back?
Told him try my shoe on for a change because our perspectives obviously ain't the same.
No disrespect, because he taught me the game.
And that's my brother.
I'm able because of the Cain;
He taught me how to whip in case I need some extra change...
Jordan year, July.
Two years away from 25.
I remember Caine’s' grandfather asked if I cared whether I lived or died,
and I ain't have a response then , now I do cause,
What a time to be alive...
With these thoughts flowing effortlessly.
Close friends been slipping under the radar lately.
Like, why? Do you hate me? Why you shaky? Why you treat me janky?
Why you acting like we never had the tightest bond and our history isn't lengthy? Like we don't go back;
back to chasing Slinkys down the step.
Back to before they had HD.
I'm glad they invented that because I'm seeing in higher definition...
They wanna be friends but couldn't tell me what the definition is.
Might read it off of Webster or google;
They don't know what it's like to show loyalty to who you're used to.
Nowadays people switching up like it’s the norm to be ruthless.
and That's ruthless.
-Gp

Comments
Post a Comment