LOST FILE: "DEAR AALIYAH,"
(When I was 10 I wrote a poem for you and figured I'd let you hear it one day. Sadly that day never came and UNFORTUNATELY IT NEVER will. I love you...)
Dear Aaliyah,
It's sad that I never got to meet you. When you passed I was 8, just getting my foot in the third grade.
I heard your song on the radio, you was resolute.
Them were the days, that's when my hands first touched on a page, I inked your name in bold letters - you were so special to me.
To hear your voice through my speakers was like heaven to me.
One in a million, if I ever could, i would've tried to have you with me.
And if I would've failed, I would've tried again until I succeed. I'm so mad that plane fell into all them trees...
I was hanging around the block bumping a playlist mostly composed of you, Micheal Jackson, and left eye; can you say hi to them two?
My heart dropped when I heard the news.
The world of music was shocked when they heard it too.
I felt bad for Timbo cause I think he took it the hardest.
And I even seen Jay shed a tear in that video.
Your legacy lives on, but I would like life better if i were still fortunate to hear your voice.
I brought your third album and repeatedly listened.
You were more than a woman,
That's was you.
I learned that through the pages of linear notes, and continued my hopes.
Of finding someone like you.
But there's literally no one like you.
I refuse to try to compare.
It'll just never be there.
No, Rihanna or even Beyoncé just can't.
Because you were you, and their them.
And I'm just saying.
Your music was missed and i keep it in my heart.
Forever, Ms. Haughton, your spirit lives on,
Forever... 

Comments
Post a Comment