Nostalgia.






I've heard time waits for no man.
Well, if that is true.
Tell me why I'm still stuck in this time frame;
Of trying to be with you

I get thoughts about our friendship.
Or, right now, lack thereof.
Having feelings of regret,
And emotions slowly began to flood.

Thinking about how I could've asked you; to the prom - that night we were meant -
To be together I could feel it;
In my heart & through all of your subtle hints

The way you'd smile when you walked past.
Let me know you were the one.
But I lost all my confidence when you walked past.
I was afraid,
Like a mother who lost her son.



My life has been in the dark.
I've been hoping you'd come through.
With your smile + your eyes;
And let your light shine through.

I don't know if you'll read this poem.
I don't know if anyone will.
I just know what was on my heart is off.
& now; I am slowly beginning to heal.


-UnofficiallyYours.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.