P.O.W. [words unsaid] P.O.W.

[words unsaid]

I AM...
A prisoner:
not of war.
But of words.
Locked in my mind.
Locked by chains,
bound by the pain that travels through my veins
and takes rest in my brain.
Thoughts of guns & gangs,
money & fame.
Thoughts filled with the shame of the games being played.

I.
tighten the screws of the locks.
Every time I do not speak.
At times I want to, but when I start, it leaves me.
I stop & sit silent,
and stare at the violence .
I take a seat on what is now my cell bed.
No longer my bedroom because it feels like a jail instead.
I'm inside of a prison; of words – UNSAID.

I am.
A prisoner, not of war.
But of words.
Unsaid & unheard.
Like a solider I still fight.
Come day & come night.
Mostly I say only what YOU wanna hear cause if I don't it'd be a fight.
Am I right?
Could you take the pressure of the truth coming to the light?
Or would rather see me -
stoned, on a drug of CONCEIT & COMPROMISE.
Where am I?

Gone,
I guess thats where I am.
Scraping the earth,
tryna get by – I AM.
Looking for a piece of myself,
looking for some peace for myself.
I bet it'd be easier to just lock me away,
until my skies go gray, and the pain decays.
In a prison with these words,
UNSAID & UNHEARD.
Surrounding my mind, as I lose track of time.
My hands – cuffed behind my back like a criminal of some kind.
I am, in fact, a prisoner:
of COMPROMISE.

And as I get older,
the world gets colder.
But she stills has sights to behold.
Kids are dying young,
and by the hands of another young man who some how got his hands on a gun.
This world – TOO cold for me,
makes it harder to run.
Especially when you've caged your thoughts,
and are weighed down by words UNRELEASED by your tongue.
I AM a prisoner of words unsaid,
just feelings of loneliness.
Trapped in my head.
Like – solitary confinement! Every time im quiet, & I know I should speak,
I forget what to say because the words run away from me.
So now I've made my bed in a prison.
Still locked away they are.
I still have WORDS. Trapped behind these BARS...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scapegoat.